Around 1946-1947 Georges Gobert and his wife Marie entered the lumber trade.
During the 1950s and 60s the Goberts, joined by their two elder sons, Ghislain and Gérard, expanded the company into coal and oil and launched a transport service.
In the 1970s and 80s, after their youngest son, Hubert, had also joined the company, it widened its activities again to include earthmoving equipment hire and spoil tip operation.
In 1983 the founder's three sons formed SPRL Gobert & Fils grouping together all the company's main and ancillary activities. It has continued to develop ever since.
- 1987, acquisition of SA Etablissements Storez, trading in building materials
- 1988, acquisition of the Loth d'Houdeng building materials dealers, which became a branch of SA Storez.
- 1989, creation of a new company, Transmanumat (TMM), specialising in the hire of handling equipment.
- 1990, opening of a new Storez branch in Soignies.
- 1995, acquisition of the Mazzucato company in Hensies
- 1996, acquisition of the Ledecq building materials company, which joined Storez
- 1999, acquisition of the Hanneuse company
- 2002, Ronald, son of Hubert GOBERT, joined the group
- 2003, opening of a new Storez Matériaux branch in Roucourt, near Péruwelz
- 2005, opening of a new branch of Ledecq Matériaux in Anderlecht
- 2009, FEMA-FEPROMA Award for best building materials dealer in Belgium
- 2010, Storez and Ledecq Matériaux merge to become GOBERT MATERIAUX
- 2011, acquisition of the company Ardoises & Matériaux, a building materials supplier with five depots in Charleroi, Noville les Bois, Liège, Verviers and Brussels.
- 2011, winner of the FEMA-FEPROMA Award for best building materials dealer in Belgium for the second time
Today, the Gobert Group is a federation of SMEs working in the fields of transport, construction materials, civil engineering, hydraulics and plant hire.
Gobert Group: over 65 years' experience, the best equipment and professional staff at your service!